I was investigating how I can improve the security of my iCloud account. 1Password uses PBKDF2 to make it harder to use a cracking tool, which is designed to learn passwords by making a bunch of guesses in rapid succession, to defeat your Master Password's security. My guess is that 99 percent of users have no clue about app-specific passwords and Apple does very little to help them figure it out.

A six-digit code will appear on your iPhone's screen. Even if someone gets ahold of one of your trusted computers or mobile devices, if a passcode is enabled, the device will require that the attacker unlock the device before they can view the Apple-provided code, thus keeping your data protected.

Researchers discovered a new vulnerability in Apple's mobile iOS platform that has the potential to trick users into divulging their passwords to scammers. A slow iCloud connection is enough to make you scream at your iPhone or iPad as you wait for hours for things to sync.

This two factor authentication ensures only user enabled access to personal account and data. ICloud allows users to back up the settings and data on iOS devices running iOS 5 or later. For a step-by-step guide to creating a stronger security code, see Set Up iCloud Keychain on Your Mac , pages 3 through 6.

Beyond changing your password, there's another robust step you can take to protect your iCloud account from what hacks may come. Find My iPhone and Find My Friends use a minimum of 128-bit AES encryption. How to backup your iPhone messages without letting Apple access everything you've ever stored.

As for credit cards, iCloud Keychain stores the numbers and expiration dates, but not the security codes which you'll have to type in manually in web forms. Supposedly, by avoiding the creation of a security code, the Keychain data won't be synchronized to iCloud, but it also can't be used for recovery.

Apple does not provide such option for their users. Follow on-screen instructions to create a security code, or opt to use your phone's existing passcode. While an attacker cannot exploit this vulnerability to join a signing circle, it does allow them to impersonate other devices in the circle when keychain data is being synced, and intercept passwords and other secrets, the expert said.

Apple is moving quickly to restore confidence in its systems' security ahead of the crucial launch of its new iPhone next week. And yet the claims merit some credence, as the hackers have demonstrated that they can access a small group of accounts. Customers could be permitted to disallow account access using a computer or device that does not reveal, or appears to mask, its location.

The security code for your iCloud keychain will give access to any iOS or MAC OS devices that are exposed to that code. Apple did not say when the encryption data keys would move abroad. While you can generate passwords with iCloud keychain alternatives, this is only possible via Safari's Suggest Password" option that appears when you sign up for a new account.

Just before iOS 8 rolled out, Apple expanded the number of iCloud features protected by two-factor verification You can now add a second layer of protection to your iCloud account that will protect it against snoops. What Apple hasn't made clear is whether the account data is only stored temporarily to facilitate synchronization without permanent storage or if the documentation is blatantly incorrect.

When a customer attempts to access their iCloud account from a device authorized to their account equipped with TouchID, a successful fingerprint scan may be required as part of the login process. Although iOS devices are designed and built to be secure, data is also stored and accessible online.

A six-digit code will appear on your iPhone's screen. Even if someone gets ahold of one of your trusted computers or mobile devices, if a passcode is enabled, the device will require that the attacker unlock the device before they can view the Apple-provided code, thus keeping your data protected.